Spain Spain Spain
It all started in a car. Jorge and I had gone for food and the journey back was filled with chatter. I'm itching to travel, I mused. I think I'm going back to Spain this spring, you should come with, he said excitedly. A few months later, I found myself in a Barcelona beach house.
A list of glimpses:
- The water heater exploded: a hose strung through the bathroom window, buckets of water for flushing and a line of reused water bottles on the kitchen island
- Diets completely consisting of jamón serrano, cheese and bread
- Dancing in the streets until sunrise
- Endless pouring of Sangria and making of mojitos
- Lazy days by the water
- Curiously lost in the alleys of Madrid
I'll forever be thankful to Spain and the friends that accompanied me. I was reminded of the world's vastness and how small I am in comparison. There are bigger things to come.